The hundred dresses-II questions and answers l Class 10 english chapter 6 Ncert Solution for English 2021
The hundred dresses-II questions and answers .In this, you will get the solution of all sort questions and the solution to long questions, so you will get to read this blog post, so read this blog post completely so that you can know the solution of all kinds of questions related to the lesson. the hudred dresses -II Summary .
Verbal Verification Check (page 74)
The Hundred Dresses I, II – Important Questions
1. What did Mr. Petronsky’s letter say?
2. Is Miss Mason angry with the class, or is she sad and upset?
3. How does Maddy feel after hearing the note from Wanda’s father?
4. What does Maddy want to do?
1. Petronski’s letter states that Wanda will not attend any other school. They were going to a big city. Names will not be much fun. The city had a lot of funny names.
2. Miss Mason is unhappy and upset with the class. She calls it unfortunate. It all happened in thought. She asks the class to think. She tells it not to hurt anyone’s feelings because of the long name.
3. Maddy gets hurt a lot. He has a very sick feeling in the lower abdomen. She silently watches. She feels that she is going to Wanda, saying that they were not meant to hurt her feelings.
4. Maddy wants to go to Wanda at once. She wants to tell him that they were not meant to hurt her feelings. She will tell Wanda that they think her smart. His clothes were beautiful.
Verbal Verification Check (page 76)
The hundred dresses-II questions and answers Ncert Solution for class 10th
1. What excuse does Peggy think for her behavior? Why?
2. What are Maddy’s thoughts as she moves to Bogins Heights?
3. Why does Wanda’s house remind Maddy of Wanda’s blue dress?
4. What does Maddy think of you? Which important decision does she come to?
1. Peggy thinks she didn’t call him a foreigner. He also did not make fun of her name. He thought that Wanda was too dumb. She never thought she could know that they were making fun of her.
2. Maddy hoped that they would find Wanda. She wanted to tell him that they were sorry. The whole school thought she was just amazing. Everything will be good for him. He should not go away. He and Peggy would fight anyone who was not good for them.
3. Wanda’s house reminds Maddy of Wanda’s blue dress. Both look alike. When Maddy goes there she finds the house shabby but clean. So was Wanda’s faded blue cotton dress.
4. He decided to stand with someone else and say nothing again. If someone speaks badly or misbehaves with others then she speaks. He wouldn’t mind losing Peggy’s friend-ship to him. She never makes anyone sad.
The hundred dresses part 2 notes
Verbal Understanding Test (page 79)
1. What did the girls write to Wanda?
2. Did they get an answer? An answer, who was more concerned about Peggy or Maddy? how do you know ?
3. How did the girls know that Wanda liked them even though they teased her?
1. He wrote about the beautiful portrait of Wanda. They asked her if she liked where she was staying. Also if she likes her new teacher. They regret what had happened. It was a friendly letter.
3. He did not get a reply to his letter. Maddy was more concerned for an answer. It is clear in the sense that she did not sleep properly. He stopped crying as per his decision. She decided that she would not let anyone hurt others.
4. The girls knew this fact from Wanda’s letter to Miss Mason. In that letter he gave his drawings to Peggy and Maddy. She also wrote that she missed her teacher. He wishes everyone a merry Christmas.
Thinking about the text (page 79)
the hundred dresses part 2 important points
1. Why do you think Wanda’s family has moved to a different city? Do you think life was going to be different for his family?
2. Maddy thought that her silence was the same as Peggy’s teasing. Was she right
3. Peggy says, “I never thought that he had the right to know that we were making fun of him in any way.” I thought she was very dumb. And yes, see how he can be attracted! “Did Peggy believe Wanda was dumb? Did she change her opinion later?
4. What important decision did Maddy make? Why did he have to think to do this?
7. Why do you think Wanda gave Maddy and Peggy the dress pictures? Why are they surprised?
9. Do you think Wanda really thought that girls were teasing her? why or why not?
1. I think Wanda’s family moved to a different city due to racial hatred. Life there was going to be different in another city. The people there were not rigid and rigid in their racial prejudice. They were not into petty things like long and witty names.
2. Yes, Maddy thought her silence was the same as Peggy’s teasing. This was because Peggy was supported in this. She was right in thinking so.
3. Wanda never reacts to Peggy’s teasing in an egoistic manner. He said everything quietly and seriously. He had more understanding than Peggy or Maddy. But Wanda was never dumb. Peggy later changed her opinion. This is evident when the latter regrets it. It is also in writing a kind of apology in his letter.
4. Maddy fixed one thing. It was: when he was making fun of someone, she would not stand quietly. She would have spoken even if they had broken up Peggy’s friendship. She will not make anyone sad.
5. Wanda gives Maddie and Peggy a drawing of the dresses. These were in response to his dress and mockery of his poverty.
6. Yes, Wanda really thought so because she was a highly intelligent and sensitive girl. She had more understanding and maturity of mind than them. This she showed in her drawing by sketching them and forgiving them.
The hundred dresses-II questions and answers
V. SHORT ANSWER TYPE QUESTIONS (Word limit : 30-40 words)
The Hundred Dresses II – English is easy for 10th
Q. 1. What did Miss Mason do after reading the letter of Wanda’s father ?Why?
Ans. Miss Mason had the letter of Wanda’s father in her hands. She took off her glasses. She wiped them on her handkerchief. Then she put them on again. She looked at the class in a low voice. All were silent. The letter criticized the racial reason behind Wanda’s leaving the school.
Q. 2. What did Maddie decide to do to repair the damage done to Wanda ?
Ans. Maddie felt that she should do something to repair the damage done to Wanda. She felt, perhaps, Wanda had not moved away. She felt to meet Wanda with Peggy in person. They would tell Wanda that she had won the contest. Her dresses were very beautiful.
Q. 3. What did Peggy say about teasing Wanda when she didn’t find anyone in the house ?
Ans. Peggy and Maddie reached Wanda’s house. There was peace all round. They didn’t find anyone in the house. Peggy told Maddie that when she teased Wanda she got good ideas for her drawings. She put those ideas into her dresses.
Q. 4. What did Maddie decide to do then ?
Ans. Maddie decided that she would not tolerate someone’s making fun of others. If she heard anybody commenting on names etc, she would speak up. She wouldn’t stand anyone being insulted. She decided that from now on she would never make anybody else unhappy. The hundred dresses-II questions and answers .
Q. 5. What did Wanda write in her letter addressed to Miss Mason?
Ans. Wanda wrote a letter to the class. She wrote that Room Thirteen girls could keep those hundred dresses. She had a hundred new dresses at home. Peggy should have the drawing of the green dress with red trimming. Maddie should have the blue one. She wished Merry Christmas to all.
Q. 6. What did Peggy say to Maddie when they had their drawings on way back home from school ?
Ans. Peggy and Maddie took the drawings home. On the way Peggy said that that showed Wanda had received their letter. It was her way of saying that everything was all right. However, Maddie felt sad. She knew Wanda well.
Q. 7. How did Maddie react when she gazed at the drawing for a long time? What did she find in it ?
Ans. Maddie looked at the drawing for a long time. Tears came in Maddie’s eyes. Then she studied the drawing carefully. She saw the face and the head of the drawing. It was like that of her. Wanda had drawn that drawing for her. She ran to Peggy in excitement.
Q. 8. How did Maddie see Wanda in her mind in the end ?
Ans. Maddie thought of Wanda weeping. She thought of her standing alone in the school yard. She looked at the laughing girls. She felt it bad that Wanda had been treated badly in school. Maddie saw in her mind Wanda saying “Sure, a hundred of them, all lined up.”
The hundred dresses-II questions and answers
VI. LONG ANSWER TYPE QUESTIONS (Word limit : 80 words)
13 Q. 1. What was the effect of the letter of Wanda’s father on Miss Mason? How did Maddie react to it?
Ans. There was a deep silence in the class. Miss Mason looked at the class. She said that it had happened in thoughtlessness. It was very unfortunate and sad. Maddie was greatly affected. She had a sick feeling in the bottom of her stomach. She regretted at what had happened.
She wondered if she could do anything to repair. She wanted to tell Wanda that she never meant to hurt her feelings. She looked at Peggy. But Peggy did not look at her. She decided to meet Peggy. She would tell Wanda that she never meant to hurt her.
कक्षा में पूर्ण शान्ति थी। मिस मैसन ने कक्षा की तरफ देखा। उसने कहा कि यह लापरवाही से हुआ था। यह काफी दुर्भाग्यपूर्ण और उदास था। मैडी काफी प्रभावित थी। उसके पेट की तली में एक बीमार भावना थी। उसे जो कुछ हुआ था उस पर काफी पश्चाताप था। उसे आश्चर्य था कि क्या वह उसे ठीक करने के लिए कुछ कर सकती थी।
वह वाण्डा को बताना चाहती थी कि उसका उसकी भावनाओं को चोट पहुँचाने का कोई इरादा नहीं था। वह पैगी को देख रही थी। परन्तु पैगी उसे देख नहीं रही थी। उसने पैगी से मिलने का निर्णय लिया। वह वाण्डा को बताएगी कि उसका उसे तंग करने का कभी भी इरादा नहीं था।
DE Q. 2. What did Maddie think of Wanda after she and Peggy had written a letter to Wanda and no reply came? What did she decide to do to make things better?
Ans. Maddie and Peggy wrote a letter to Wanda. But no reply came. Peggy had begun to forget the whole business. But Maddie still thought of it. She tried to sleep at night thinking of Wanda. jac
She thought of her blue faded dress. She also thought of the glowing picture those hundred dresses had made. But she could not sleep. She pressed her forehead tight in her hands. She reached a conclusion. It was: she would never stand by and would say something. She would never make anyone unhappy again. On Saturday Maddie and Peggy wrote a friendly letter to Wanda.
मैडी और पैगी ने वाण्डा को एक पत्र लिखा। परन्तु कोई उत्तर नहीं आया। पैगी ने सारे मामले को भूलना आरम्भ कर दिया था। परन्तु मैडी अभी तक उसके बारे में सोच रही थी। उसने रात को वाण्डा के बारे में सोचते हुये सोने की कोशिश की। उसने उसकी हल्की पड़ी नीली पोशाक के बारे में सोचा।
उसने उस चमकती तस्वीर के बारे में भी सोचा जिसे एक सौ पोशाकों ने बनाया था। परन्तु वह सो नहीं सकी। उसने अपने माथे को अपने हाथों में मजबूती से दबाया। वह एक परिणाम पर पहुँची। यह था : वह कभी भी शान्त खड़ी नहीं होगी और कुछ अवश्य कहेगी। वह किसी को दोबारा उतना उदास नहीं बनाएगी। शनिवार को मैडी और पैगी ने वाण्डा को एक मैत्रीपूर्ण पत्र लिखा।
Q. 3. What did Maddie and Peggy write in the letter to Wanda ? What hap- pened to it? How did Maddie behave even though Peggy had begun to forget the whole business?
Ans. Maddie and Peggy wrote everything about the whole business. It was a friendly letter. They wrote about the contest that Wanda had won. They told her how pretty her drawings were. They had meant to say they were sorry. They signed it with lot of X’s for love.The hundred dresses-II questions and answers
But no reply came. Peggy had begun to forget the whole business. But Maddie put herself to sleep at night making speeches about Wanda. She would cry out “stop” before the girls teased Wanda. Then everybody would feel ashamed the way she used to feel.
मैडी और पैगी ने सारे मामले के बारे में सब कुछ लिख दिया। यह एक मैत्रीपूर्ण पत्र था। उन्होंने उस मुकाबले के बारे में लिखा जिसे वाण्डा ने जीता था। उन्होंने उसे बताया कि उसकी ड्राईंगें कितनी सुन्दर थीं। उनका यह कहने का अर्थ था कि उन्हें दुख था। उन्होंने इस पर प्यार के लिए बहुत से ‘X’ (क्रिसमस) के साथ हस्ताक्षर किए।
परन्तु कोई उत्तर नहीं आया। पैगी ने सारे मामले को भूलना आरम्भ कर दिया था। परन्तु मैडी ने रात को वाण्डा के बारे में भाषण करते हुए सोने की सोची। लड़कियों द्वारा वाण्डा को तंग करने से पहले वह चिल्लायेगी ‘रुको !’ तब हरेक ऐसे शर्म महसूस करेगा जैसे वह महसूस किया करती थी।
IF Q.4. How did Maddie and Peggy find Wanda’s drawings which she had given to them ? What were their reactions?
Ans. Both Maddie and Peggy heard the letter read by Miss Mason. Maddie pinned her drawing in the bedroom. The dirty bedroom came alive due to it. She looked at the drawing and said nothing.
But she felt that Wanda had been nice to her. She gazed at the drawing for long. The colours were very clear. The drawing looked like her ownself. She ran to Peggy’s house to tell all this. Peggy also saw that Wanda had drawn her face in that picture. Peggy told that that meant Wanda had excused them. The hundred dresses-II questions and answers .
दोनों मैडी और पैगी ने मिस मैसन द्वारा पढ़े गये पत्र को सुना। मैडी ने अपनी ड्राईंग को बैडरूम में टांगा। ड्राईंग से गन्दा बेडरूम चमक उठा। उसने ड्राईंग को देखा और कुछ नहीं कहा। परन्तु उसने अनुभव किया कि वाण्डा उसके प्रति अच्छी रही थी।
उसने काफी समय तक ड्राईंग को घूर कर देखा। रंग काफी स्पष्ट थे। ड्राईंग उस जैसी दिखाई दी। वह यह सब कुछ बताने के लिए पैगी के घर दौड़ी। पैगी ने भी देखा कि वाण्डा ने उस तस्वीर में उसका भी चेहरा चित्रित किया था। पैगी ने बताया कि उसका अर्थ था कि वाण्डा ने उन्हें माफ कर दिया था।