The Hundred Dresses-1 Question Answer
The Hundred Dresses Part 1 – Introduction
The Hundred Dresses-1 Question Answer, This module (Ncert solution) has been prepared by the distinguished teachers of Gyanmanchrb.in, in which you will find answers to all the questions related to this lesson on this blog because all the important questions related to this lesson are all those questions. It has been inscribed but the students have no problem in understanding, so they have answered all the questions in this blog in a very simple language, so that the student can understand easily after reading once.
The Hundred Dresses-1 Very Short Question Answer
(a) Why is Peggy and Maddy not tracked entirely in the mud?
(b) Why were Wanda’s shoes soaked in mud?
(c) Why did Peggy and Maddy come late from school for a few days?
(d) What did Peggy and Maddy do to Wanda?
(e) Find a word from the passage which means ‘to walk’.
(a) Peggy and Maddy did not walk completely in mud. This was because they lived in a clean and mud-free place.
(b) Wanda’s shoes were soaked in mud. The place where she lived was full of mud.
(c) He was late from school for a few days. It was because of this that he made fun of Wanda while coming to school.
(d) He made fun of Wanda.
(a) How would Peggy react if someone says that she is cruel to Wanda?
(b) What kind of girl was Wanda in the eyes of Peggy and Maddy?
(c) What was bothering Maddy?
(d) How do you know that Maddy was also poor?
(e) Find a word from nearby which means’ people who scare the weak.
(a) Peggy reacts by saying why Wanda lied about her hundred costume.
(b) Wanda was not just a normal person. It was clear from his name.
(c) Peggy asks Wanda how many clothes and hats she has. It was bothering him.
(d) Maddy put me under someone’s hand. They belonged to Peggy.
(a) How did Maddy react to Wanda in mocking Peggy by asking questions about her costume?
(b) What else troubled Maddy? Why?
(c) What additional benefit did Maddy have over Wanda?
(d) What did Maddy want?
(e) Find a word from nearby which means ‘in mental trouble’.
(a) Maddy studied the stone in her hand. He also rotated them.
(b) It was: Peggy can start joking more and more on her troubles Maddy. It was because she was poor like Wanda.
(c) He thought that he had more sense to say about his dress.
(d) Maddy wished that Peggy stopped teasing Wanda.
(a) Why did Wanda never say anything to anyone?
(b) How did Peggy make fun of Wanda?
(c) What were the pictures of Wanda?
(d) How did Wanda respond to mocking Peggy?
(e) Find a word of the passage which means ‘praise’.
(a) Wanda ever said anything to anyone. He was afraid of offending anyone. She was then of Polish descent among most American students.
(b) Peggy made fun of Wanda. He asked her how many clothes were there in her wardrobe.
(c) They were about different styles.
(d) Wanda took better pictures than Peggy and won the competition for girls. This was a befitting reply to Peggy making fun of him.
(a) Why did he stop short and handi?
(b) How did they react to the draw?
(c) Who won the competition for girls?
(d) Why did Maddy think that Peggy would win a drawing competition for girls?
(e) Find a word of the passage which means ‘very grand’.
(a) They stopped short and gasped because of the beautiful picture.
(b) He reacted by whistling or mumbling the picture.
(c) Wanda won the competition organized for girls.
(d) Maddy thought this because Peggy made beautiful pictures. He had also won the competition before.
Class 10 English First Flight Chapter 5 The Hundred Dresses – I
Verbal Understanding Test (page 65)
1. In which class does Wanda sit and why?
2. Where does Wanda live? What kind of place do you think it is? (small ghost.)
3. When and why do Peggy and Maddy notice Wanda’s absence?
4. What do you think ‘means to have fun with him’?
1. Wanda sits next to the back seat. This room is in the last row at thirteen. She sits in the corner of the room. There is noise from the thumping of feet and the roar of laughter.
2. Wanda lives in Boggins Heights. This is not a clean place. It is sloppy. Wanda’s feet are usually mixed with mud.
3. Peggy and Maddy note Wanda’s absence when they did not arrive late from school. Wanda delayed him from going to school. They used to make fun of him for his dirty shoes.
4. It means to make her laugh or fool her.
The Hundred Dresses-1 Question Answer Verbal Verification Check (page 67)
1. How was Wanda different from other children? (V. Imp.)
2. Did Wanda have a hundred clothes? What do you think he said he did? (V. Imp.)
3. Why is Maddy embarrassed by the questions Peggy asks Wanda? Is she also like Wanda, or is she different?
1. Wanda was different from the rest of the children by her name. Then he always wore a pale blue dress. It does not hang right. He had no friends.
2. Wanda did not have a hundred clothes. He said so to counter the fun. He was ridiculed by other children because of his only one dress.
3. He is embarrassed by the questions Maggie asks Wanda. This is because she is poor like Wanda. However, she is not like poor Wanda. She is kind of temperament in Wanda although she is an American. She doesn’t want others to make fun of Wanda because of her dress.
The Hundred Dresses-1 Question Answer Verbal Understanding Test (page 70)
1. Why didn’t Maddy tell Peggy to stop teasing Wanda? What was he afraid of?
2. Maddy thought who would win the drawing contest? Why? (small ghost.)
3. Who won the drawing competition? What did the winner draw?
1. Maddy tells Peggy not to stop teasing Wanda. He did not dare to say so. He feared losing his friendship with Peggy.
2. Maddy thought that Peggy would win the girls’ medal. She fared better than anyone else in the room.
3. Wanda won the drawing competition. He designed one hundred designs. These were all different and all beautiful designs of clothes.
The Hundred Dresses 1 extra questions
The Hundred Dresses-1 Question Answer Thinking about text (page 70)
1. How is Wanda viewed differently by other girls? How do they treat him?
2. How does Wanda feel about the game of clothes? Why does she say she has a hundred clothes? (small ghost.)
3. Why does Maddy stand and do nothing? How is he different from Peggy? (Was Peggy’s friendship with Maddy important? Why? Which lines in the text tell you this?)
4. What does Miss Mason think of Wanda’s portrait? What do children think about them? how do you know?
1. Wanda is seen differently by other girls. This is due to its origin and dress. She always wears the same dress. Then his feet are usually covered with dry soil. They misbehave with him. They make fun of him. They disturbed him.
2. Wanda feels badly about the game of clothes. She says that she has a hundred clothes. This is to counter the fun of the other girls she has made. She feels humiliated.
3. stands by Maddy and does nothing. He does not dare to talk to Peggy. She is different from Peggy because she does not make fun of Wanda. She remains silent while Peggy makes fun of Wanda. Peggy’s friendship is important to him. She is the most liked girl in the entire room. She hopes that Peggy will do nothing wrong. The lines are: “She was Peggy’s best friend and Peggy was the most liked girl in the entire room. Peggy might not have done anything that was really wrong.”
4. Miss Mason considers Wanda’s portrait “exquisite” and “all different and all beautiful”. Children consider them as ‘amazing’. They gasp and gasp when they see his beauty and talent. I know this from their reaction. They are surprised by their dazzling colors and nice designs.
The Hundred Dresses 1 Ncert Solutions Short answer type questions
The Hundred Dresses-1 Question Answer (Word limit: 30-40 words)
Q. 1. What kind of girl was Wanda Petronski? Why?
Answer- North Wanda was a quiet girl. He rarely said anything. Nobody had ever heard his laughter out loud. She was a reserved girl. She was the only Polish girl in the class. Because of this she felt inferior.
Q. 2. How will Wanda react to Peggy and Maddy making fun of him?
Answer- North Wanda knew that Peggy and Maddy would make fun of him. Wanda will go on the road. She restrained her left shoulder every now and then in a fun manner. She went to school alone. She will look serious.
Q. 3. How did Maggie react to Peggy making fun of Wanda? (V. Imp.)
Answer Maddy herself was poor. He wore commonly used clothes. These were mostly Peggy’s. Maddy feels offended when Peggy asks Wanda a question in a funny manner. He studied the stone in the palm of his hand. She wanted Peggy to tease Wanda.
Q. 4. Why did Maddy tear up her note to Peggy, which she had started writing
Stop teasing wanda?
Answer- Maddy felt bad that Peggy was making fun of Wanda. She wanted Peggy to tease Wanda. Peggy was the most liked girl. She hoped that Peggy could do no wrong. But he did not send his note to Peggy.
Q. 5. Both Peggy and Maddy entered the class on short and paused minutes. Why?
Answers- were displayed everywhere. they were beautiful. He gasped in surprise. They had bright colors. He had stunning designs. He won hearts with his beauty. They were all prepared on a magnificent sheet of wrapping paper. Everyone stopped and praised him.
Q. 6. How did the boys react to the portrait of Wanda Petronski? (V. Imp.)
Answers- Seeing the different costumes of North Wanda, the children echoed with a thunderous applause. He put his fingers in his mouth. He also played the whistle. However, he was not interested in the dress. This was because it was the girl’s field. It was specifically for girls.
The Hundred Dresses 1 solutions Long type question
(Word limit: 80 words)
Q. 1. What kind of girls were Peggy and Maddy? What did they do to Wanda?
Answer – Peggy and Maddy were both American and fast friends. Peggy was the most popular girl in the school. She was beautiful He had many beautiful clothes. His hair was curly. Maddy was his closest friend. Peggy used to make fun of Wanda because of her poor dress. He waited for Wanda to make fun of him. This made him late to go to school. Maddy stood by Peggy while she joked at Wanda. Maddy did not make fun of him. But he didn’t dare to speak
Peggy doesn’t have to do this. Maddy was also poor.
Q. 1. पेगी और मैडी किस तरह की लड़कियां थीं? उन्होंने वांडा को क्या किया?
उत्तर – पेगी और मैडी दोनों अमेरिकी और तेज़ दोस्त थे। पेगी स्कूल की सबसे लोकप्रिय लड़की थी। वह सुन्दर थी। उसके पास कई सुंदर कपड़े थे। उसके बाल घुंघराले थे। मैडी उनके सबसे करीबी दोस्त थे। पैगी अपनी खराब ड्रेस की वजह से वांडा का मजाक उड़ाती थी। वह वांडा के लिए उसका मजाक बनाने के लिए इंतजार कर रहा था। इससे उन्हें स्कूल जाने में देर हो गई। मैडी पेगी द्वारा खड़ा था, जबकि वह वांडा में मजाक करती थी। मैडी ने उसका मजाक नहीं उड़ाया। लेकिन उसकी बोलने की कोई हिम्मत नहीं थी
पैगी को ऐसा नहीं करना है। मैडी भी गरीब थे।
Q. 2. How did Peggy make fun of Wanda? How did Wanda react to that?
Or describe the scene in which Peggy made fun of Wanda.
Answer- Peggy always joked at Wanda because of only one dress. Wanda wore it daily. It was clean. But it seemed that it was not properly ironed. Peggy pushes Maddy softly. She would ask Wanda to tell them how many clothes she had. Wanda will answer ‘A hundred’. The other girls stopped playing. Peggy then asked what those clothes were. Wanda will respond with “all silk, all colors, velvet”. All were hunkered down in his cell. She would also say that she had sixty pairs of shoes. All the girls burst into laughter.
Q. 2. पैगी ने वांडा का मजाक कैसे उड़ाया? वांडा ने उस पर क्या प्रतिक्रिया दी?
या उस दृश्य का वर्णन करें जिसमें पेगी ने वांडा का मजाक उड़ाया था।
The Hundred Dresses-1 Question Answer (V. Imp.)
उत्तर – पेगी हमेशा केवल एक ही पोशाक के कारण वांडा में मजाक करती थी। वांडा ने इसे रोजाना पहना था। यह साफ था। लेकिन ऐसा लग रहा था कि यह ठीक से इस्त्री नहीं किया गया था। पैगी मैडी को धीरे से धक्का देती। वह वांडा से पूछती थी कि वह उन्हें बताए कि उसके पास कितने कपड़े थे। वांडा ‘ए सौ’ का जवाब देगा। दूसरी लड़कियां खेलना बंद कर देतीं। पैगी तब पूछती थीं कि वे कपड़े क्या थे। वांडा “सभी रेशम, सभी रंगों, मखमल” का जवाब देगा। सभी उसकी कोठरी में दुबके हुए थे। वह यह भी कहेगी कि उसके पास साठ जोड़ी जूते थे। सभी लड़कियाँ हँसी में फूट पड़ीं।
Q.3. What was the drawing and coloring competition? Who was expecting to win it but who actually won it? How did Miss Mason announce it?
Answer- Drawing and coloring competition included designing clothes for girls. It was (v. Imp)
Designing motorboats for boys. Peggy was thought to win because she was a good artist. On the day of the announcement of the winners, everyone entered the class. He saw the pictures. He stopped short and gasped. There were beautiful pictures. They were in bright colors. He praised her very much. Miss Mason declared Wanda the winner of the girls’ competition. She also said that Jack Beggles had won the award for boys. This was for an outboard motor design.
Q.3 ड्राइंग और रंग प्रतियोगिता क्या थी? कौन इसे जीतने की उम्मीद कर रहा था लेकिन वास्तव में कौन इसे जीता? मिस मेसन ने इसकी घोषणा कैसे की?
उत्तर- ड्राइंग और रंग प्रतियोगिता में लड़कियों के लिए डिजाइनिंग कपड़े शामिल थे। यह (वी। छोटा सा भूत) था
लड़कों के लिए मोटरबोट्स डिजाइन करना। पैगी को जीतने के लिए सोचा गया था क्योंकि वह एक अच्छी कलाकार थी। विजेताओं की घोषणा के दिन, सभी ने कक्षा में प्रवेश किया। उन्होंने चित्र देखे। उन्होंने लघु और हांफना बंद कर दिया। सुंदर चित्र थे। वे चटक रंगों में थे। उन्होंने उनकी बहुत प्रशंसा की। मिस मेसन ने वांडा को लड़कियों के लिए प्रतियोगिता का विजेता घोषित किया। उसने यह भी कहा कि जैक बेगल्स ने लड़कों के लिए पुरस्कार जीता था। यह एक आउटबोर्ड मोटर डिज़ाइन के लिए था।
- यदि आप क्लास 10th के किसी भी विषय को पाठ वाइज (Lesson Wise) अध्ययन करना या देखना चाहते है, तो यहाँ पर क्लिक करें उसके बाद आप क्लास X के कोई भी विषय का अपने पसंद के अनुसार पाठ select करके अध्ययन कर सकते है ।
- आप क्लास 10th हिंदी विषय के सभी पाठ, कवि परिचय ,व्याकरण ,निबंध आदि की जानकारी के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करे