The hundred dresses 1 Question Answer। Extra, Short, Long Answer 2021 Lesson 5 Ncert Solution for Class 10th
The hundred dresses 1 Question Answer.In this blog post of you, all the students will solve every kind of question for you, along with short question answer and long question answer, in this blog post you will get to read all the students, which is very important for the exam, so please Please read this blog post in full.
1. Where in the classroom does Wanda sit and why?
2. Where does Wanda live ? What kind of a place do you think it is ?
3. When and why do Peggy and Maddie notice Wanda’s absence ?
4. What do think ‘to have fun with her means?
1. Wanda sits in the next to the last seat. It is in the last row in Room Thirteen. She sits in the corner of the room. There is noise by the scuffling of feet and roar of laughter.
2. Wanda lives at Boggins Heights. It is not a clean place. It is muddy. Wanda’s feet are usually caked with mud.
3. Peggy and Maddie noticed Wanda’s absence when they were not late from school. Wanda had made them late to school. They used to make fun of her for her muddy shoes.
4. It means to laugh at her or to make a fool of her.
The hundred dresses 1 Question Answer in English
1. In what way was Wanda different from the other children ? (V. Imp.)
2. Did Wanda have a hundred dresses ? Why do you think she said she did ?(V. Imp.)
3. Why is Maddie embarrassed by the questions Peggy asks Wanda ? Is she also like Wanda, or is she different ?
1. Wanda was different from the other children by her name. Then she always wore a faded blue dress. It didn’t hang right. She didn’t have any friends.
2. Wanda did not have a hundred dresses. She said this to counter the fun. Other children made fun of her due to her only one dress.
3. Maddie is embarrassed by the questions Peggy asks Wanda. It is because she is poor, like Wanda. However, she is poor not exactly like Wanda. She is like Wanda in temperament though she is an American. She doesn’t want others to make fun of Wanda due to her dress.
The hundred dresses 1 Question Answer Lesson 5
1. Why didn’t Maddie ask Peggy to stop teasing Wanda ? What was she afraid of?
2. Who did Maddie think would win the drawing contest? Why? (Imp.)
3. Who won the drawing contest? What had the winner drawn?
1. Maddie didn’t ask Peggy to stop teasing Wanda. She didn’t have the courage to say so. She was afraid of losing her friendship with Peggie.
2. Maddie thought that Peggy would win the girls’ medal. She drew better than anyone else in the room.
3. Wanda won the drawing contest. She had drawn one hundred designs. These were all different and all beautiful designs of dresses.
The hundred dresses part 1 questions and answers
1. How is Wanda seen as different by the other girls ? How do they treat her?
2. How does Wanda feel about the dresses game? Why does she say that she has a hundred dresses ? (Imp.)
3. Why does Maddie stand by and not do anything? How is she different from Peggy? (Was Peggy’s friendship important to Maddie ? Why? Which lines in the text tell you this ?)
4. What does Miss Mason think of Wanda’s drawings ? What do the children think of them ? How do you know?
1. Wanda is seen as different by the other girls. It is due to her origin and dress. She always wears the same dress. Then her feet are usually covered with dry mud. They treat her badly. They make fun of her. They belittle her.
2. Wanda feels badly about the dresses game. She says that she has a hundred dresses. It is to counter the fun other girls make of her. She feels insulted.
3. Maddie stands by and does nothing. She doesn’t have the courage to speak to Peggy. She is different from Peggy as she doesn’t make fun of Wanda. She remains silent while Peggy makes fun of Wanda.
Peggy’s friendship is important to her. She is the best-liked girl in the whole room. She hopes Peggy would not do anything wrong. The lines are : “She was Peggy’s best friend and Peggy was the best-liked girl in the whole room. Peggy could not possibly do anything that was really wrong.
4. Miss Mason thinks of Wanda’s drawings as “exquisite” and “all different and all beau- tiful.” The children think of them as ‘amazing. They stop short and gasp when they look at their beauty and brilliance. I know this from their reaction. They are surprised by their dazzling colours and good designs.
the hundred dresses part 1 extra question answer
(Word limit: 30-40 words)The hundred dresses questions and answers (Word limit: 30-40 words)
Q. 1. What kind of a girl was Wanda Petronski ? Why?
Ans. Wanda was a quiet girl. She rarely said anything at all. Nobody had ever heard her laugh out loud. She was a reserved kind of girl. She was the only Polish girl in the class. She felt inferior due to this.
Q. 2. How would Wanda react to being made fun of her by Peggy and Maddie ?
Ans. Wanda knew that Peggy and Maddie would make fun of her. Wanda would move up the street. She would hitch her left shoulder every now and then in a funny way. finish the walk to school alone. She would look serious.
Q. 3. How did Maddie respond to Peggy’s making fun of Wanda ?
Ans. Maddie was poor herself. She usually wore used clothes. These were mostly of Peggy. When Peggy asked Wanda questions in a mocking way, Maddie felt bad. She studied the marbles in the palm of her hand. She wished Peggy would stop teasing Wanda.
Q. 4. Why did Maddie tear her note to Peggy which she had started to write to stop teasing Wanda ?
Ans. Maddie felt it bad that Peggy was making fun of Wanda. She wished Peggy would stop teasing Wanda. Peggy was the best-liked girl. She hoped that Peggy could not do any wrong thing. But she didn’t send her note to Peggy.
the hundred dresses part 2 extra questions and answers
Q. 5. Both Peggy and Maddie stopped short and gasped the minute they entered the classroom. Why?
Ans. The drawings were displayed everywhere. They were beautiful. They gasped in surprise. They had dazzling colours. They had brilliant designs. They won the hearts by their beauty. They all were drawn on great sheets of wrapping paper. Everybody stopped and praised them.
Q. 6. How did the boys react to the drawings of Wanda Petronski ?
Ans. The children burst into applause after seeing Wanda’s drawings on different dresses. They put their fingers in their mouths. They also whistled. However, they were not interested in dresses. It was because it was the girl’s area. It was meant exclusively for girls.
The hundred dresses 1 Question Answer Long
(Word limit : 80 words)
Q.1. What kind of girls were Peggy and Maddie ? What did they do to Wanda ?
Ans. Both Peggy and Maddie were American and fast friends. Peggy was the most popular girl in school. She was pretty.
She had many pretty clothes. Her hair was curly. Maddie was her closest friend. Peggy used to make fun of Wanda because of her poor dress. She waited for Wanda to make fun of her. This made them late from school.
Maddie stood by Peggy while she mocked at Wanda. Maddie didn’t make fun of her. But she had no courage to speak to Peggy not to do that. Maddie was also poor.
पैगी और मैडी दोनों अमेरिकन थीं और गहरी सहेलियाँ थीं। पैगी स्कूल में सबसे अधिक लोकप्रिय लड़की थी। वह सुन्दर थी। उसके पास बहुत से सुन्दर कपड़े थे। उसके घुघराले बाल थे। मैडी उसकी गहरी सहेली थी।
पैगी वाण्डा का उसकी साधारण पोशाक के कारण मजाक उड़ाया करती थी। वह वाण्डा का मजाक उड़ाने के लिये उसकी प्रतीक्षा किया करती थी। इसके कारण वे से लेट हो जाया करती थीं।
मैडी पैगी का साथ देती थी जब वह वाण्डा का मजाक उड़ाती। मैडी उसका मजाक नहीं उड़ाती थी। परन्तु पैगी को, वैसा करने से रोकने के लिए, कहने को उसके पास उत्साह नहीं था। मैडी भी निर्धन थी।
Q. 2. How did Peggy make fun of Wanda ? How did Wanda react to that? Or
Describe the scene in which Peggy made fun of Wanda. (V.Imp.)
Ans. Peggy always mocked at Wanda due to her only one dress. Wanda wore it daily. It was clean. But it looked as though it had never been ironed properly. Peggy would push Maddie gently.
She would ask Wanda to tell them how many dresses she had. Wanda would reply ‘A hundred’. The other girls would stop playing. Peggy would then ask what those dresses were like.
Wanda would reply “all silk, all colours, velvet”. All were lined up in her closet. She would also say that she had sixty pairs of shoes. All the girls burst into laughter.
पैगी वाण्डा की एक ही पोशाक के कारण उसका मजाक उड़ाया करती थी। वाण्डा इसे रोज पहनती थी। यह साफ थी। परन्तु यह ऐसे दिखती थी जैसे कि इस पर कभी ठीक ढंग से इस्त्री नहीं की गई थी।
पैगी मैडी को धीमे से झटका देती। वह वाण्डा से पूछती कि उसके पास कितनी पोशाकें थीं। वाण्डा उत्तर देती ‘एक सौ’। दूसरी लड़कियाँ खेलना बन्द कर देतीं। पैगी फिर पूछती वे पोशाकें कैसी थीं।
वाण्डा उत्तर देती “सभी सिल्क की, सभी रंग की, मखमल की”। वे सभी उसकी अलमारी में पंक्ति में थीं। वह यह भी कहती थी कि उसके पास जूतों के साठ जोड़े थे। सभी लड़कियाँ हँसी में फट पड़तीं।
Q. 3. What was the drawing and colour contest ? Who was expected to win it but who actually won it? How did Miss Mason announce it? (V. Imp.)
Ans. The drawing and colour contest consisted of designing dresses for girls. It was of designing motorboats for boys.(Jac)
Peggy was thought to win it as she was a good artist. On the day of the announcement of the winners, all entered the classroom. They saw the drawings. They stopped short and gasped. There were beautiful drawings.
They were in dazzling colours. They praised them greatly. Miss Mason declared Wanda as the winner of the contest for girls. She also stated that Jack Beggles had won the prize for the boys. It was for an outboard motor design.
लड़कियों के लिये ड्राईंग और रंग का मुकाबला पोशाकों को डिजायन करने का था। लड़कों के लिये यह मोटरबोट डिजायन करने का था। पैगी को सोचा जाता था कि इसे जीतेगी क्योंकि वह एक अच्छी कलाकार थी।
विजेताओं की घोषणा वाले दिन सभी कक्षा में आये। उन्होंने ड्राइंगों को देखा। वे एकदम रुक गए और आहे भरीं। वे सुन्दर ड्राईंग थीं। वे भड़कीले रंगों में थीं। उन्होंने उनकी अत्यधिक प्रशंसा की।
मिस मैसन ने वाण्डा को लड़कियों के मुकाबले की विजेता होने की घोषणा की। उसने यह भी घोषणा की कि जैक बैगल्ज ने लड़कों के लिए इनाम जीता है। यह बोर्ड पर लगी मोटर के डिजाइन के है।jac board